At St. Matthew Preschool:
Our students have been busy learning, creating, playing and growing this year!
Recent events include:
- A visit from the Lutz Children’s Museum. Both classes enjoyed learning about animals, tracks, and habitats.
- During Music Together we played with scarves & egg shakers while moving rhythmically to a variety of cultural music. The children have so much fun during our special music time. It is amazing as teachers to see how music ignites all areas of child development.
- Our CT certified Art Specialist taught a lesson on Vincent Van Gogh to the four year old class. The students learned about his life while enjoying a puppet show. Puppets, “Sally and Stewart”, informed the students all about Van Gogh and his love of painting. Each student created their own unique artwork inspired by the famous painting, Starry Night.
The rest of the month will be filled with lessons involving; snow, ice, penguins, Arctic animals, and hibernation. Soon after, the students will prepare their writing for Valentine’s Day that will be mailed when we go on our field trip to the Tolland Post office in February.
At St. Bernard Preschool:
- Sunday (Jan 26)- Join us at 10:00am Mass, our preschool students will be singing!! After Mass join us in the church hall for light refreshments, information for families who are interested in our preschool, AND raffle prizes.
- Monday (Jan 27)- Lutz Children’s Museum Visit: the Lutz will bring animals for us to explore, touch, and learn all about.
- Tuesday (Jan 28)- Science Experiments Day: The children will have an opportunity to explore different chemical reactions and have lots of fun learning.
- Wednesday (Jan 29)– Music and Movement Day: We will be exploring new ways to move and groove!
- Thursday (Jan 30)- Indoor Snow Play Day: We will have an indoor snowball fight complete with snow forts! After, we will “warm up” with hot cocoa & a fun snack.
- Friday (Jan 31)- Wear Pajamas to School Day: We are “lounging” all day! We will be watching and a movie and having special movie snacks.
** Parishioners are welcome to join us on Monday (Jan 27) or Wednesday (Jan 29); but, must call ahead (860-875-0753 Ext 113) to register as space is limited. **